What is the FAST Platform?
The FAST Platform delivers emergency incident alert information as well as non-emergency information to Public Safety Station Personnel in an efficient and timely manner
What is included in the FAST alerting system?
- FASTalert (alerts the station through the use of existing CAD system)
- FASTweb (Non-emergency Maintenance Tools)
- FASTmessaging (CAD information delivered via text,email,responder status via text)
- Map printing to IP compatible printer
- Alert tones with text-to-speech over LCD display speakers or PA speakers
What non-emergency panes are available for FASTalert?
- Weather Information
- IP camera (station or highway)
- Hospital Status (if accessible through internet)
- Equipment Status
- Upcoming Events
- Road Closures
- Duty Schedules
- Incident History
- Station specific websites
- Global panes that can be shared among department stations (upcoming events, training, equipment / apparatus status, road closures)
- Shared panes between stations (enter information once and share with all stations (setup fee applies))
How does your system integrate with our dispatch centers CAD?
We can receive data from your dispatch center via TCP/IP, SMTP, Email or Direct database queries
What is FASTweb non-emergency maintenance tools?
These are tools that you have access to so that you can enter customized data into the FAST system for display. Existing maintenance tools are for maintaining road closures, upcoming events, duty shifts, hydrants, pools, ponds, and holding tanks.
What visual alerting products are offered?
LCD displays, LED displays, count-up timers, LED Notifier Light (red, blue, amber, green), Strobes, and Red LED Clusters and LED/speakers
What can the web based interface control?
The APS IP alerting controller is a web based control that is accessible locally or remotely. The web utility can make changes to input and output configurations, non-emergency information (announcements), notification of members for incidents or system trouble, audio alert library, view system log, view input and output status, password changes, and more.
What is your Alerting System APS IP Alerting Controller?
Provides all the functions to control your alerting needs such as:
- Ramps up volume on speakers upon an alert
- Activate bells, whistles or any other audible device in your station
- Activate high voltage lighting with timed reset (electrical contractor required)
- Turns on lighting ( LED alerting and or Apparatus Bay Lighting)
- Automatic stove disconnect/reset
- Door Bell Annunciation
- Play customized audible alerts over PA speakers
- Opening specific apparatus bay doors
- Timer functions (Real-time clock, Response timers, Alerting time presets, Exterior siren timing, schedule exterior speakers)
- Customized Alerting via Zoning (station areas, bunkrooms, exterior, apparatus bay)
- Activate colored lighting for different response pieces (EMS, Fire, Engine, Truck, Special Service)
- Unlock exterior entrances on an alert
- Control traffic lights
- Makes notification by email and text
- Provides audio/visual alert of system failures (battery failure, internet down, AC power loss)
- CAD based alerting (TCP/IP, SMTP)
How customizable is your APS Alerting System Controller?
The APS IP alerting controller system is capable of handling 16 independent inputs and 16 independent outputs.
- Custom audio alert tones can be installed by APS. The system can process incident alert using CAD data from multiple CAD vendors. Specific apparatus alerts can be assigned a color with our LED Notifier. For example: Engine-red, medic-blue, squad- amber.
- Zoned alerting with selectors to specific areas.
- Output behavior: timed schedules, delayed activation
- Exterior audio: time scheduled on/off, time scheduled for alerts only
What kind of fail safe features does your system have?
- All APS Firehouse Alerting Systems are installed on an uninterruptable power supply for short term power outages.
- There is built in redundancy that will alert either CAD or RF first and ignore the second alert.
- AC loss, battery failure and internet down, is monitored by the IP controller and will notify audibly over speakers and visually through the system trouble strobe that is installed in a common area.
- The system can also be programmed to send text and/or email notifications out to users when power or network is lost, and when it is restored.